Saturday, June 24, 2006

Performance Strategies: Lessons from "The Apprentice"

I've been following this show since it started. I actually sent in an application for season 2 but got nowhere. I would have continued applying for subsequent seasons but by then I was already committed to other lucrative projects. That aside, I'm a fan of the show not so much because I might feel I could have done "that" but because of the contestant interactions and reactions. So I discovered a few lessons we can all take away;
  1. Be people centered... Nearly everthing is done people-to-people. Most people don't care about you till you show them you care about them.
  2. Proact don't react... It's better to have a good plan starting out of the gate rather than try and fix a bad one on the fly. If things go astray simply adapt and more on.
  3. Earn respect, don't demand it... If you deserve it you will earn it.
  4. Act when you are 80% ready... Nothing happens while waiting for things to be perfect.
  5. Surround yourself with greatness... Accept that you don't know it all and get the best people working with you.
  6. Be decisive and firm... No one follows uncertainty too far.
  7. Be accountable... Never blame others. No one really cares anyways if you do. Stop whining.
  8. Give credit... Share the limelight with those involved.
  9. Learn from every experience... If you did not learn something you're not really involved in the process.
Want to access "The Donald's" Blog? Click here.

No comments: